Places are limited in the Unit and there can be quite a lot of competition for both offices and virtual places.
Please contact us to check availability and to look around. The Unit accepts new applications throughout the year and can place you on a waiting list if we are full.If our businesses are successful they often have to move out into bigger premises before their contracts come to an end. This creates opportunities for other new start ups.
If you are interested in joining us, please send in a one page application document with the following information on it:
- Your name, address, phone number, email address
- Describe your product or service
- How long have you been running this business?
- How many people are in your business?
- What is special about your business/business idea?
- How are you going to sell your product/service?
- Why do you think you should win a space/ virtual place in the Unit?
- Is this the first business you have run? If no, please give details
- Has your business been incubated before? If so, where?
- How did you become aware of the Unit?
Please provide us with some figures to support your application (turnover, gross and net profit)
We will review your application and if you are successful, invite you to a Pitch to the Panel presentation in the Unit.
This will be at an agreed time with yourself . The presentation will be to a panel of our Fellows, for one hour. We will ask you to deliver a 10 minute presentation about your business idea and application ,then the panel will ask questions. A decision on whether to offer you a place in the Unit will be based on whether the Fellows feel your business idea has a chance of success and if they feel you would benefit from a place .
If you have been offered an office, you can normally move in approximately one month later.